She performed a smashing rendition of her new track Alive on last night’s X Factor, and is continuing to be a chart topping success with her latest album 1000 Forms of Fear.
Sia is due to release her new album This is Acting on January 29th; the record is a collection of rejected songs from some of the music industry’s biggest players, as the Aussie told Ryan Seacrest recently: “Most of the songs, if not all of them, I wrote for other people, and they were rejected. And so they are generally are songs that are not from my perspective, and so it feels like acting…I have rejects from Rihanna, Adele, Shakira and Beyoncé.”
The Adelaide-born songbird is, more often than not, seen covering her face with all manner of wigs, headpieces, and masks. She’s quite private. So here’s a few things you may not know about the stealthy Sia Furler.
1. She played herself on Home & Away way back when in 2009.
2. In the noughties, Sia worked with electronic duo Zero 7
3. Sia suffers from an auto-immune disease called Grave’s Disease.
4. Chandelier was nominated for Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, and Best Music Video at the 57th Grammy Awards.
5. Girls show-runner, Lena Dunham, featured on Sia’s Seth Meyers performance in 2014.
6. She wrote Rihanna’s smash-hot Diamonds.