- London Grammar’s inaugural album, If You Wait, debuted at Number two in the UK charts. Well done!
- Those in the know – us music journos – have described the London-based trio as: ‘elegantly minimalist’ (The Telegraph), ‘beautiful’ (Sunday Times Culture), and ‘every track on their debut album is beautifully constructed’ (Observer).
- Vocalist Hannah Reid and guitarist Dan Rothman originally from London, met in a residence hall at the University of Nottingham during their first of college in 2009.
- They recorded a stunning version of Kavinsky’s Nightcall last year, to much applause! It also featured on the Drive soundtrack.
- We Are the Ocean recorded a pretty epic cover of the L.G’s Hey Now. Have a listen below.
6. Hannah Reid once dreamed of being an actress but, according to an interview with ES Magazine: “I got a drama scholarship at my school and was going to try to become an actress…Then my stage fright became so bad … But I was an awful actress.”
7. Hannah is also an out-and-out germaphobe… “I do panic at the thought of dirtiness. I don’t like germs. If someone sneezes on the tube, or one of my friends is ill, I get paranoid about getting sick. If I get sick my voice suffers.”
Well, we certainly can’t f***ing wait for the follow up to If You Wait; hurry up lads!
— Jack Daniel Murphy (@JackDMurphy) July 25, 2015